Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Red lippies

Next are my red lipsticks! I love red lipsticks to death. I would wear it every day if only I could.
(1st Swatch from right) Nars velvet matte lip pencil  in Cruella. This is a dark blue based red. I love this because of the staying power and the fact that it doesn't feather outside your lips. For being a matte it isn't terribly drying either.
(2nd Swatch from right) L'Oréal infallible lipcolor in Beyonces red. This is a bright blue based red. I love the staying power on this but application is tricky and practically not fixable if you go outside the lines. It is horribly drying to the lips and cracks off in uneven patches. The balm is just a pain because you have to reapply so much.
(3rd Swatch from right) Wet n wild stoplight red (matte). This is a bright orange based red. It's a beautiful color but like all wet n wild matte lipsticks its really drying on the lips.
(4th Swatch from right) L'Oréal  infallible in refined ruby. This is deep blue based red with a semi shiny finish. I love this color. It's Judy time is the reason I own this color and I have to say I know why she loves it. It's got beautiful staying power and not at all drying to the lips.
(5th Swatch from right) Rimmel lasting finish  lipstick in temptation. This is another blue based red that is very deep and vampy. (Can we see a trend?) I love this formula it is long wearing and not drying. It also has a bit of gold sparkle they it but nearly undetectable on the lips.

Overall I love blue based red lipstick. L'Oréal hit it out of the park with this one I love love love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment